This is a recipe from Mexico
10 Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apples
Juice from 4 lemons
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked
salt & freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Core and cut 4 of the apples into small cubes. Pour 1/2 of the lemon juice over the apples to prevent browning.
2. Chop the chicken breasts into small cubes and season with salt, pepper and cinnamon.
3. In a bowl, mix the apple, chicken, mayonnaise and parsley.
4. With a sharp knife, cut and remove the top from the other 6 apples. Hollow out with a spoon, leaving a 1/2 inch thick shell. Brush the inside of the apples with lemon juice to prevent browning.
Fill the apples with the chicken Salad. Refrigerate before serving.
4 cups water
8 cups shredded red or green cabbage
5 cups peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples
4 slices bacon, chopped
1 cup sliced onion
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon crushed fennel seed
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In large pot, heat water to boiling; add cabbage and apples. Simmer 5 minutes or until cabbage is barely tender. Drain and transfer cabbage and apples to serving bowl.
2. In same pot, fry bacon 2 minutes. Add onion and cook until onion is tender and bacon crisps. Stir in vinegar, sugar, and fennel seed. Cook 2 minutes. Stir mixture into cabbage and apples; serve warm.